Maple Grove Park is also commonly referred to as Maple Beach and by the older locals as Bathing Beach. The park is also sometimes referred to as Goodrich Park (not to be confused with Goodrich Park in Whitehall) because it is located on Goodrich Street.
The park is located where Goodrich Street intersects Old Channel Trail between Roberts Street and Mill Street. Look for the sign.
Address: 4655 Goodrich Street, Montague, MI
» Get Directions
The park has a covered picnic area, updated restroom facilities, barbecue grills, playground equipment and a paved circular walking path by the lake.
Many people use the park for group gatherings and reunions. The park pavilion can be reserved for full and half-day events. Reservations can be made by filing an application (PDF) with City Hall and paying the associated fee. The reservation entitles the renting party to exclusive use of the pavilion, but does not reserve any other area of the park. Individuals can check on available dates by viewing the Maple Grove Calendar.
- Park hours are from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- No fireworks allowed.
- No alcoholic beverages or glass bottles are permitted.
- No overnight camping or parking is permitted.
- Vehicles permitted in parking area only.
- There is no lifeguard on duty, swim at your own risk.
- Due to public health concerns no dogs are allowed in the park, at the pavilion, or on the beach.